Posted on 6/26/12
Traditionally applications hve been done using On-Premise solutions. Recently there has been a shift in how companies especially small and medium sized ones manage their application population.
Following are a few advantages of using a cloud-based application management solution instead of an On-Premise solution:
- Zero Setup time: Since the solution is available on the cloud there would be no or a little setup time requirements. And most of the initial setup will be done by the service provider.
- Zero setup cost: IT departments are always under budget constraints. As an IT manager don’t have to spend any money on buying new server, switches, cables, power sockets (You might have already some of those items but you can use them for something else.
- No maintenance: There would be regular server maintanence. No need to worry if the server software is properly patched up with latest service packs or if the power systems are working properly.
- Pay as you go: Using the cloud-based application management solution is good for financial reasons (budget constraints) as it has low upfront cost. You will pay as per usage. If you have 50 mobile devices, your running cost would be much lower (linearly) than if you had 100 mobile devices.
- Operate from anywhere: Administator does not have to log into a desktop on the company network to manage the mobile devices. He or she can remotely lock or kill a lost mobile device even while holidaying in the bahamas.
- Discontinue whenever you want: This is a real beauty. For any reasons if you intend to discontinue the cloud-based solution you can pull the plug as and when you want. There is nothing to dispose or take care of. Decommissioning an on-premise solution is sometimes not very straightforward.
There are some real advantages of using on-demand Cloud Application Management solutions running in the cloud. Want to find out more about how this technology can benefit your company, please visit our site.